Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with gradient on pdf2swf

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with gradient on pdf2swf
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:03:13 +0100

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 11:12:21AM +0000, raphael benzazon wrote:
> Here is a example of a gradient that mess completely.
>
> http://marcbenz.free.fr/raph/0002.pdf
>
> http://marcbenz.free.fr/raph/0002.swf

That's not the typical gradient problem. It seems the shaded background
is stored as individual shapes already in the PDF.
xpdf seems to have the same problem rendering this.

> It's very funny, http://www.verydoc.com/  does and sell a product that
> has the same bug on this particular gradient, it seems that swftools
> and them could have common lines of code.

They better didn't. VeryDoc seems to only sell closed-source products,
so if they were using any code from xpdf or pdf2swf (licensed under
the GPL), that would be illegal. (They might have bought a commercial
xpdf license, though. I wouldn't know about that)

Greetings

Matthias