[Swftools-common] pdf2swf - 1: Image disappearing, 2: drop shadow turns

From: André Myrbråten
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - 1: Image disappearing, 2: drop shadow turns out white, 3: divide pdf, 4: add background, php
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:33:13 +0100

Hi there! Thank you for a great tool!

I can't seem to find the all answers in the archives.

I have uploaded the pdf and the generated SWF to www.andremyr.com/div/swftools/
I use SWFTOOLS 0.8.1 on Windows XP

My output from pdf2swf
NOTICE Adding c:\swftools\fonts to font directories
Creator: Adobe InDesign CS2 (4.0.5)
Producer: Adobe PDF Library 7.0
CreationDate: 20071014162549+02'00' ModDate: 20071115131811+01'00'
Pages: 1
Linearized: yes Encrypted: no
NOTICE processing PDF page 1 (1190x793:0:0) (move:0:0)
NOTICE file contains jpeg pictures
NOTICE file contains pbm pictures  (Is this supposed to read 'bmp' ?)
NOTICE SWF written

Problem 1
The image on the left side disappears. Problem partly solved, see "solution" under.

Problem 2
The images on the right side seems transparent and have some sort of drop shadow implemented. Problem partly solved, see "solution" under.

- When i print the help with -h i see the "-s filloverlap Make intersecting shapes overlap, instead of canceling each other out. (Needed for some Powerpoint PDFs)" This is not a PPT PDF and I have tried the option without result. BTW there are many options with the -s letter.. How does this work ??

SOLUTION: Before sending this email, I did some further testing after new findings in the archive. I Saved the PDF as a PS (Postscript) file and put it through Acrobat Distiller (Acrobat 6, PDF 1.5). This resolved problem 1 and 2!
HOWEVER: Is there a software or procedure to do this automatically? Or perhaps an update to PDF2SWF coming soon?

Problem 3
The pdf is double sided. Is there a way to split it into two pages?

Problem 4
Is there a way to add a white (or coloured) background or "frame" that fills the background of the exported SWF?

Last but not least
I use a php script to access PDF2SWF.
system('c:\swftools\pdf2swf.exe -f  '.$pdf.' -o ..\test\test01.swf') or die ("error with pdf2swf");
Running the script in the browser returns an output. Is there a way to "capture" elements of this output with the script?

Best regards
André