Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - 1: Image disappearing, 2: drop shadow tu

From: Fabio Rotondo
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - 1: Image disappearing, 2: drop shadow turns out white, 3: divide pdf, 4: add background, php
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:43:03 +0100

André Myrbråten wrote:

Hi,

> tried the option without result. BTW there are many options with the -s
> letter.. How does this work ??

the "-s" is the "switch a flag" option. You can "set" a flag by passing
it to the "-s", for example:

pdf2swf -s insertstop -s filloverlap infile.pdf -o outfile.swf

> *HOWEVER*: Is there a software or procedure to do this automatically? Or
> perhaps an update to PDF2SWF coming soon?
>
> *Problem 3*
> The pdf is double sided. Is there a way to split it into two pages?

for these problems, you should check out the Ghostscript package.
It has some good tools to handle PDFs and to "transform" them as you want.

> *Last but not least
> *I use a php script to access PDF2SWF.
> system('c:\swftools\pdf2swf.exe -f  '.$pdf.' -o ..\test\test01.swf') or
> die ("error with pdf2swf");
> Running the script in the browser returns an output. Is there a way to
> "capture" elements of this output with the script?

yes. You should try the "popen()" command, instead of the system()
command. See:

http://it.php.net/popen

Ciao,

fabio