Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with boundingbox (0.8.1)

From: Jake Hilton
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problem with boundingbox (0.8.1)
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:33:28 -0600

The flatten option works great to avoid this problem... even though it isn't fully supported.

Jake

On 7/15/07, Matthias Kramm < address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:58:19AM +0300, Kai Lautaportti wrote:
> I'm using pdf2swf to convert a wide variety of PDFs. I've also noticed
> that by default pdf2swf often produces SWF files which have their
> bounding boxes way off.

This is usually only if you load the SWF file into another SWF movie.
In that case, Flash Player will report incorrect movie dimensions.

When displayed directly, the bounding box works, i.e. (as you already
said), the visual appereance is right.

One way to solve this problem is to run pdf2swf with the bboxvars
option:
    pdf2swf -s bboxvars file.pdf -o file.swf

After that, when loading "file.swf" into some other SWF movie, you
can query the movie size by checking the movieclip variables
    xmax, xmin, ymax, ymin, width, height
.
(E.g. "newMovieClip.width", if you did load file.swf into a movieclip
called "newMovieClip")

Greetings

Matthias