RE: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - Flash 9 ActionScript 3 export

From: Gregor Rot
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] PDF2SWF - Flash 9 ActionScript 3 export
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 13:46:27 +0200

Hi, has anybody succeeded in converting a PDF to SWF (Flash9+ActionScript
3)?

I downloaded the development snapshot from www.swftools.org, user pdf2swf:

pdf2swf.exe --flashversion=9 "pdf1.pdf " -o "flash9.swf"

but still, when accessing the swf file in Flex,

MovieClip(loader).gotoAndStop(1)

for example, i still get an error like:

Type Coercion failed: cannot convert mx.controls::.... to
flash.display.MovieClip, meaning Flex can't interpret the loaded swf as
ActionScript 3.

Is this still a work in progress? I think lot's of people are desperatelly
searching for this...

best regards,
Gregor