[Swftools-common] 64 bit libt1.so.1 causes problems

From: Jake Hilton
Subject: [Swftools-common] 64 bit libt1.so.1 causes problems
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 15:03:16 -0600

Hello all,
Long time no post... I was just installing swftools on my 64 bit linux box. It seemed to install fine but when running pdf2swf I got wierd errors like:

Internal error: Couldn't find color 0066ccff in palette (85 entries)

and

rfxswf: sizeof(RGBA)!=sizeof(U32))rfxswf: sizeof(RGBA)!=sizeof(U32))NOTICE  processing PDF page 26 (720x540:0:0) (move:0:0)

These errors occur a lot. So I took a pdf2swf binary from a 32 bit box that I compiled swftools on and copied it over to my 64 bit box. The only complaint it has was it couldn't find the libt1.so.1 which was located in my /usr/lib64/ dir.. so I copied my 32 bit lib over to my 64 bit box into the /usr/lib/ dir. It works perfectly now. So I dont' know where the problem was/is but it seems to have something to do with the libt1 library file.

The process that threw all the errors mentioned above would produce a swf file but the width and height would be literally like 4354543.1 wide and tall instead of the keeping the origional 720x540.

After the hack I did it works perfectly.I did try to find the bugzilla instance of swftools but couldn't seem to find it. So if anyone can point me there I'll file this. Or if anyone has experience or a fix for this that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Jake