Re: [Swftools-common] Dynamic HTML Text

From: Garth Patil
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Dynamic HTML Text
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:17:38 -0700

thanks. that seems to work pretty well, although, i can't really
reduce the size of the font that much, because i'm building the text
on the fly based on a response from a web service. most of the glyphs
could potentially be used.
one thing i tried was simply not specifying a "font=" parameter in my
.edittext. it seems to use a default serif font, and the resulting
.swf file was 300 times smaller than importing a full font.
180KB = with full Arial.ttf imported
120KB = with reduced Arial.ttf imported
626B = with no font imported
this seems like the best solution for me, but i'm worried that i may
be creating a file that will not render properly in all cases. does
anyone have experience with this method? are there any pitfalls with
using it?
thanks,
/garth