Re: [Swftools-common] what's the best svg to swf method?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] what's the best svg to swf method?
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:10:21 +0200

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:03:56PM +0200, Jacek Brzeski wrote:
> So - maybe another question - what GUI for designing graphics would you
> suggest? That wouldn't cause problems with importing...? And is there
> any future plan for creating svg2swf tool in swfc?

Yes, with the new diplay-layer abstraction in swftools, I've actually been
planning to add a few other input formats (other than pdf) for conversion,
most probably including svg.

I've also been planning for a long time to write a "light" version of
librfxswf and then use it to add an swf export filter to some tools which could
use it, like Gimp, fig2dev, ghostscript and Inkscape. Haven't got around
to it yet, though. Guess I need more spare time...

Greetings

Matthias