Re: [Swftools-common] Actionscript / animation together - problem

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Actionscript / animation together - problem
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:26:52 +0200

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:32:15AM +0200, Jacek Brzeski wrote:
> I'm pretty new to SWFC and I think it's a great product. I've been learning
> the syntax and possibilities it has for last couple of days and right now I
> came across problem with actionscript and swfc animation combined together.
>
> What I'm trying to do is:
> 1. create a text object (for example movieclip, that is sprite in swfc
> language)
> 2. actionscript it to add some effects
> 3. move back to classic swfc: want to change position of that sprite.
> I had to del the object, .put it again and then I had the access to move it
> with .change command. Using just .change didn't have any effect (like it
> was still blocked by actionscript or what)?

After running some tests, I believe that's pretty much what's happening.

You modify the object via ActionScript, and hence somehow lose
the ability to process it again with the normal swf move tags
(.change). It seems that once an object has its position/size etc.
changed with ActionScript, those object properties are "locked"
and can only be changed by ActionScript from then on.

The solution is probably to either do the .change you had in mind
with actionscript, too, or (recommended), don't use ActionScript for
the first effect either.
You can achieve the first effect without using ActionScript like this:

    .text outtext01 font=Trebuchet size=30% color=red text="Archiwizacja"
    .put outtext01 pin=center x=300 y=20 scale=700% alpha=0
    .frame 50
    .change outtext01 scale=100% alpha=100%

Greetings

Matthias