Re: [Swftools-common] getURL

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] getURL
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:34:48 +0200

On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 05:09:54PM -0500, Scott Wehrenberg wrote:
> swftools doesn't seem to like the call to getURL() with only one
> variable. Macromedia's reference suggests that the latter two options
> are not required. Is this a bug in swfc or am I doing something wrong?

That's an incompatibility between Macromedia's ActionScript and
the Ming Actionscript parser (which is also in swfc). As getURL
gets translated into a special opcode which always requires three
arguments, I believe Macromedia's compiler inserts default values.

> Forcing the target to '_self' shouldn't cause any problems that I can
> see, but I just wanted to make sure it's the best solution.

Yes, that's probably the best solution for now.

Greetings

Matthias