Re: [Swftools-common] import jpeg2swf file back into Flash...?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] import jpeg2swf file back into Flash...?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:55:42 +0100

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 07:09:31PM -0700, Michael Geary wrote:
> just signed on to the list. What a cool set of tools this is. I'm
> especially ecstatic that it compiled without a hitch on my OS X machine.

Finally! I used to get complaints about OS X installation all the time. ;)

> Anyway, I am trying to build a process whereby a list of JPEGs is
> converted into a SWF file. However, two issues:
>
> 1) when I File->Import this swf back into Flash, I get frames, and the
> Bitmaps have been added to the library, but the bitmaps don't appear on
> the stage. Can anything be done about this? I'd _really_ like to be
> able to tweak my generated swfs a bit more inside Flash.

The "reimport" issue crops up every so often, for pdf2swf, too.
I haven't had the chance to investigate this yet, among others because
I so far haven't purchased any Flash version.
It seems to be somewhat tricky to get this right, though. I once
received two SWF files, one reputedly importable, the other not, and
they only differed in some random details.

> 2) Is there any way to, for example, insert a layer containing an
> existing graphic 'on top' of the swf that jpeg2swf produces? For
> example, if I wanted to put a logo in layer 1, and have it appear on
> top of 25 JPEGs that appear in 25 frames as a result of jpeg2swf. How
> could I do this?

See:

    http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2003-10/msg00005.html

That method should also be applicable in your case.

Greetings

Matthias