sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] No dumps

From: Răzvan Sandu
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] No dumps
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 22:50:37 +0200

Hello,

I'm managing a pretty new server, but already running in the public pool
(reconciled pretty well).

I'm in no position to offer regular/periodic dumps as a permanent public
service, since I have neither bandwidth nor plenty of s of space. But, since
the continual operation of the server is not hot critical for me, I may shut it
down for a few hours to produce an updated dump, from time to time.

Can anyone please provide a (verified) script that will produce a reliable dump
from a live database, once the database is shut down? Or a good procedure to
obtain a dump, with existing tools (I' m running CentOS 7.x)

May I respectfully suggest that IPFS (https://ipfs.io/), a distributed
filesystem with no data duplication is good way to store (and distribute)
files, even better than rsync?

Best regards,
Răzvan
--
Trimis de pe dispozitiv Android cu K-9 Mail. Rog scuzați mesajul scurt.