sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Quick and dirty test

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Quick and dirty test
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 21:51:44 -0600

Todd Fleisher dijo [Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 04:23:26PM -0800]:
> That one does load, but it’s really just a series of directories
> being cataloged. Once I stumbled across an SVG file, I find the way
> the data is visualized to be very difficult to digest
> (e.g.
> http://sks-status.gwolf.org/20190123-182818/walk_sks_20190123-182818.dot.svg
> <http://sks-status.gwolf.org/20190123-182818/walk_sks_20190123-182818.dot.svg>)

Right - as I said, I currently have only a preliminary stupid set of
dumps on my machine. I do intend to do something more from it... but
have not had time to do so :-(

> I haven’t run it in a while, but https://fleetstreetops.com/gossip/
> <https://fleetstreetops.com/gossip/> might be of interest to
> you. It’s based off the code found @
> https://gist.github.com/diafygi/3f344c22f8a37a7b2151
> <https://gist.github.com/diafygi/3f344c22f8a37a7b2151>

Very cool visualization, thanks!

It is quite similar to what I have, and no doubt, clearer to
understand and follow. I have some extra information which I want to
play with, which is including the unresponsive servers (plus, if I
could gather it, the reason why they are unresponsive). Also, given
I'm taking the snapshots basically as a time series, I will be able to
present some sort of evolution / trends.

But, right now, you are right: I only have a sh!tload of unusable data
presenting not-exactly-useless-but-far-from-good SVGs.