sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Oh, Jeeez...!

From: Tobias Frei
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Oh, Jeeez...!
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 11:45:19 +0000

Hi,

to be honest, it somehow makes me happy that we're finally being forced to find a solution for this. It could have started worse.

I think the only reasonable solution is that every server operator gets a local blacklist that can be filled with keys / signatures / regex etc. and that only prevents matched entries from being saved to the database. To remove a key from all servers, all operators would need to add it to the blacklist then. This prevents abuse of the mechanism while giving easy, effective control over the own database to every server operator.

We could then discuss or suggest entries for the blacklist that everyone should add, but it would be the responsibility and choice of every admin to follow the suggestions.

Best regards,
Tobias Frei