sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Verification of keys on upload and removal options

From: Lukas Martini
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Verification of keys on upload and removal options
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:35:05 +0200

Hej,

I suppose the only feasible way is for each key server operator to be
able to specifiy a sort of custom block list of keys their server will
not accept/show/propagate.

Over time, some collaborative list curated by trusted operators would
probably emerge that most of the key servers would use.

That brings its own set of issues for the pool though. Like, if a server
in the pool went rogue and blocked a large number of keys, which might
compromise pool users' security. Then again, that is already possible on
a theoretical level.

Lukas