sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Tor hidden service - what's the rationale?

From: Lukas Martini
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Tor hidden service - what's the rationale?
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 14:03:55 +0100

Hi,

On 11/13/2015 11:20 PM, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> For the clients to be anonymous, we, as servers, shouldn't need to set
> up hidden services.. it should be enough for the clients to use to.
info/sks-devel

That might be true. However, outgoing connections through tor can be
painfully slow. On the other hand, connections to hidden services are
usually not as bad as they don't require exit nodes (which are always
the main limited resource with tor).

So while it may not necessarily enable new uses of the keyserver, IMHO
it certainly improves existing ones.

    Lukas