sks-devel

[Sks-devel] PARTLY BACK UP Re: sks.disunitedstates.com downtime for upgr

From: David Benfell
Subject: [Sks-devel] PARTLY BACK UP Re: sks.disunitedstates.com downtime for upgrade
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:21:27 -0800

Hi all,

sks itself is back up. Actually, this piece of it went swimmingly. I
didn't expect to get away with just copying the database over and
letting it run on the new server. I ran into multiple problems with
DNS and then discovered the web server is having a problem that is the
inverse of anything I've ever seen before: PHP is fine; it's the
static stuff that just isn't working. At all. *sigh*

But sks went down at about 10:30 (UTC-8) last night and came back up a
couple hours later. For once it's been trouble-free. My IPv4
reconciliation partners were probably seeing reconciliation within a
couple hours. IPv6 a bit later--my proxy idea just didn't work. at.
all, once DNS propagated.