sks-devel

[Sks-devel] keyserver.cns.vt.edu updates: RProxy + port 80

From: Phil Benchoff
Subject: [Sks-devel] keyserver.cns.vt.edu updates: RProxy + port 80
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 17:15:43 -0400

We have done some updating to keyserver.cns.vt.edu.  It now listens on
port 80 and is behind an Apache reverse proxy.  Actually, the web content
(except /pks) is served up by Apache and /pks is reverse-proxied to the
SKS server.  It also does ssl on 443 and 11372.

I have a question about logging.  Is there any convention on exactly
what "not logging details" implies?  I'd like to keep a log of some
stuff so I can tell v4 versus v6 and pool name versus canonical name.

I'm using:
   LogFormat "%t %A:%{local}p %{Host}i %U %>s %b %T" keyserver
Which does not include any info on the source host or the query string.
Does that seem reasonable?

(custom log formats are documented at
   http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats)

sks-keyservers.net has not detected our proxy.  I'm pretty sure our server
sends back the Server header from the SKS keyserver on reverse-proxied
requests.  Is that what they're looking at?

Phil