sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] How to purge excess log files?

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] How to purge excess log files?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:40:11 -0400

On Jul 11, 2012, at 6:14 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> On 2012-07-12 00:11, David Benfell wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know I've seen this, but Google isn't helping me to find it again.
>>
>> How does one purge excess log files? And are there any precautions one
>> should take when doing so?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Are you asking about the log files from SKS itself or BDB log files?

If SKS log files, copy /dev/null or edit to taste.

BDB log files are this sequence:
        cd KDB
        sudo db53_recover -ev
        sudo db53_checkpoint -1
        sudo db53_archive -dv   $ <-- this removes unref'd log records
        sudo db53_recover -ev

Equally simple is to automate log removal by adding this to DB_CONFIG
        set_flags db_log_autoremove on

There's some minor incompatibilities in DB_CONFIG depending on BDB version (but
I think the above Just Works everywhere from memory).

hth

73 de Jeff