sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Help Building and Deploying

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Help Building and Deploying
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:26:42 -0500

Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> I'm having problems building SKS.  I don't understand how to configure the
> Makefile.local file.  Can anyone help configure this on Fedora 15?

Hi, Eric

It's pretty straight forward. Since your building from scratch, you may want to
grab my copy of the mercurial repository, there's a Makefile patch and a
documentation patch that may make life easier:

hg clone https://address@hidden/r/johnclizbe-sks-keyserver/  sks

The first two prerequisites are that you have a version of the ocaml compiler
suite, 3.10+, and the (Oracle) Berkeley DB library (4.6+), but I'd use as late
as you can get for both

Copy Makefile.local.unused to Makefile.local and edit it to reflect where things
it needs are and where the binaries and man page should go, e.g.,

On my Slackware boxes:

address@hidden:~/sks-dev/hg/sks-work$ cat Makefile.local
  BDBLIB=-L/usr/lib
  BDBINCLUDE=-I/usr/include/db52
  PREFIX=/usr
  LIBDB=-ldb-5.2
  MANDIR=/usr/share/man

On the Solaris boxes, using Blastwave ports:

- -bash-3.00$ cat Makefile.local
  BDBLIB=-L/opt/csw/lib
  BDBINCLUDE=-I/opt/csw/include/db4.7
  PREFIX=/opt/csw
  LIBDB=-ldb-4.7
  MANDIR=/opt/csw/man

On Mac OS X using MacPorts:

basket:sks-work jpclizbe$ cat Makefile.local
  BDBLIB=-L/opt/local/lib/db52
  BDBINCLUDE=-I/opt/local/include/db52
  PREFIX=/opt/local
  LIBDB=-ldb-5.2
  MANDIR=/opt/share/man

To summarize:

BDBLIB=-L{directory where the libraries for version being used are found}
BDBINCLUDE=-I{directory where db.h for the version being used lives}
PREFIX={Where to put the finished binaries}
LIBDB=-l{name of library file without lib or suffixes}
MANDIR={where to put man page, sks.8.gz}

Post back to the list if you have any trouble, and once you get your DB loaded,
when you need peers

- -John

- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) GingerBear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
     mailto:address@hidden

Raise your hand if you know someone who is alive only because you
did not want to spend time in jail