sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver.pramberger.at terminating

From: Matthew Wilcox
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver.pramberger.at terminating
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:04:35 -0600

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 10:40:40PM +0200, Johan van Selst wrote:
> That makes perfect sense. But still, there is nothing preventing this
> user (or anyone else) from harassing other keyserver maintainers and
> demanding key removal everywhere. It would be a real shame if all
> keyservers in the western world had to shut down for legal reasons.

Given the ability for arbitrary people to attach arbitrary pictures to
arbitrary keys, I think the ability to remove packets from the database
is a feature that keyservers are going to have to grow.

Let's face it, there are images which are illegal to distribute in
basically every jurisdiction.

--
Matthew Wilcox                          Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."