sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Build failure

From: Yaron Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Build failure
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:04:59 -0400

I just checked out revno 51 on my FC6 box running OCaml 3.10.0, and it built cleanly.  I just committed revno 52 which fixes a different problem, unrelated to your building issues.  What exact platform are you running on, and what revno and what ocaml release?

For what it's worth, I don't know if anyone has actually tested out the tip of the SKS tree, but if anyone has, I would be interested in feedback.  The tip of the tree is really quite untested at present.

On 8/24/07, Joerg Jaspert <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11120 March 1977, Yaron Minsky wrote:

> Try the new version, and tell me if you have problems.

If i simply type make I get the following:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
gcc -O3 -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -I`ocamlc -where` -I . -c crc.c
ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb  -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes -inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c int_comparators.ml
ocamlopt -I lib -I bdb  -ccopt -Lbdb -dtypes -inline 40 unix.cmxa str.cmxa bdb.cmxa nums.cmxa numerix.cmxa bigarray.cmxa cryptokit.cmxa  -c pSet.ml
File "pSet.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Could not find the .cmi file for interface pSet.mli.
make: *** [pSet.cmx] Error 2
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

If i try make dep i get:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
ocamldep -pp camlp4o   *.ml *.mli > .depend
File "int_comparators.ml", line 4, characters 8-9:
Lexing error: character '<' expected
Uncaught exception: Token.Error("character '<' expected")
Preprocessing error
make: *** [dep] Error 2

--
bye Joerg
[...] some would argue that too much free beer with hamper your ability to free