Re: [Savannah-dev] database restructuring draft

From: Stephane URBANOVSKI
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] database restructuring draft
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 11:17:52 +0200

Mathieu Roy a écrit :
Savannah database restructuring effort:
=======================================

At the moment we would like to talk only about the new features which
require the database change. The exact implementation (and the
reulting fields to be introduced) will be worked out once we are
committed to a set of features.

List of new features:
---------------------

Feature: Support/Task/Patch tracker subsytems should work like the bug
         tracker (provide configurable fields).

We also have to find a way to add i18n to the fields names and descriptions.
It doesn't seems to bee quite easy ...

Mails (for bugs,patchs,...) should use the language of the receiver (using its
language preferences) and not the sender language as now.

News (notably for big projects) should also have the ability to be published in
different language

Another point of reflection :
What about using ldap for managing unix account ? I'm planing to do something
like that for my own backend.

--
Stéphane Urbanovski