[Savannah-dev] Re: name test

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: name test
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:04:44 +0000

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 11:57:24AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> I was talking about the test made during the project registration step
> on the project name (is there open within etc).

Ah, now I get it.
The problem appeared when I did a minor change to www/register/projectname.php
The change was to take the text that appear before the projectname field
and move it from the php script into a file
savannah-content/register/projectname.txt

By doing so, I got an error saying that there were some extra text that should
not appear before the "Location:" http header defined in line 71. This is
strange because the util_get_content("register/projectname") function that
I introduced only appears after that line. Besides, util_get_content
is suppose to just print some text, which is what was already doing the
previous version of projectname.php

To fix the problem I copied the old version of projectname.php back into
Savannah (the one you had committed before I did any change) and I still got
the same error in savannah.gnu.org, but the same script worked fine in
savannah.nongnu.org. It is hard to check what's the extra text that is
being sent before the header.

In any case, I think that it would be much simpler to replace that php code in
savannah-content/register/projectname_test.txt and the redirectioning to the
same page (the "Location:" header) in www/register/projectname.php, by a text
message in savannah-content/register/projectname.txt asking all users to
avoid using "open" as in "Open Source".

The open-in-name test seems to me unnecessary because it does not impose any
restrictions but rather gives some suggestion, which can be done more easily
with a simple html paragraph.

Regards,
Jaime