[Savannah-dev] Database design comments

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Database design comments
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:49:07 +0200

Hi,

Current implementation of savannah uses a database that I will use as a
base for the mailing lists implementation.

One of the features implemented only on Savannah is the is_gnu thing. It
allows to gather projects in two different type. I think it is a good
approach. But the new implementation should use a better scheme. All
projects will have a new field that will refer to a table that will
contain personnal paramaters for each type e.g its mailing list
domain.

for example the type table could look like this :
(the data match current savannah configuration)

type table :

| Id | Name   | ML domain               |
| 1 | gnu    | gnu.org                  |
| 2 | non_gnu| mail.freesofware.fsf.org |

GRUB would have its type field set to 1 and
NSS-MySQL would have its set to 2.

As usual, if you do not agree with that, speak out now :-)

Regards,

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

      A part of me left that only you knew will never be understood (RHCP)