Re: Version mismatches - upgrade on Ubuntu 22.04 from rdiff-backup 2.0.5

From: EricZolf
Subject: Re: Version mismatches - upgrade on Ubuntu 22.04 from rdiff-backup 2.0.5 to 2.2.2 or 2.2.6
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:32:03 +0000

Hi Dominic,

Mixing 2.2.x shouldn't be an issue unless you hit one of the issues listed in
the changelog.

Regarding PPA, Otto announced a long time ago that he needs co-maintainers.
Volunteers are required to take on the task.

Without this, your option is to use pip to install rdiff-backup as described in
the main README.

Hope this helps, Eric