Version mismatches - upgrade on Ubuntu 22.04 from rdiff-backup 2.0.5 to

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Version mismatches - upgrade on Ubuntu 22.04 from rdiff-backup 2.0.5 to 2.2.2 or 2.2.6
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 15:32:38 +0000

First, continued thanks for Eric and the team for their great work on updating rdiff-backup - really amazing stuff.

Following a system upgrade of my backup server to Ubuntu 23.10, I have version mismatches: clients haveĀ  (Windows and) Ubuntu 22.04 (rdiff-backup 2.0.5) whereas the server has rdiff-backup 2.2.2.

I realise that I can upgrade Windows just by changing the .exe file, but is there a way to upgrade rdiff-backup on Ubuntu 22.04 from the standard 2.0.5 to 2.2.2 or indeed to the current latest'n'greatest 2.2.6 (and should I expect any problems if I have the latter on a client and 2.2.2 on the server)? I was hoping for a PPA offering this, but I can't find one :(

Dominic