How to restore, overwriting existing files but not removing other files

From: Exuvo
Subject: How to restore, overwriting existing files but not removing other files
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 03:22:43 +0100

Some of my files got corrupted in /destination ex /destionation/a and
/destionation/b.
I have rdiff-backups of a few of the directories in /destination but not all
via --exclude lines ex /destionation/c.
Restoring with "rdiff-backup restore backupDir /destination" says ERROR target
path /destination exists and isnt empty, call with --force to overwrite.
So i tried with force but that then starts deleting everything that was
excluded instead of just overwriting conflicts.
How do i get it to restore the backup but not deleting everything that was not
in the backup?

I still have my tape backups of everything rdiff-deleted so nothing is lost but
that is going to take two days to restore.

--
Anton "exuvo" Olsson
   exuvo@exuvo.se