Re: Anybody needing the RPM specs in the Git repository?

From: Frank Crawford
Subject: Re: Anybody needing the RPM specs in the Git repository?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:59:47 +1100

On Sun, 2023-11-19 at 16:54 +0100, EricZolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 19/11/2023 15:22, Alvin Starr via Any discussion of rdiff-backup
> wrote:
> > > I'm especially looking at Frank, but perhaps some SuSE packager
> > > is
> > > here, or anybody else with specific needs.
> > As a long time Fedora and RH/Centos user I would hate to see
> > rdiff-backup disappear from the repositories.
> >
> > I have seen packages drop the RPM spec file and then disappear from
> > the
> > repos which kind of dead ends the product from a RH and variants
> > point
> > of view.
>
> Frank (Crawford) is our trusted maintainer for everything RH so I'm
> not
> concerned about those systems.

I will add that I'm not the only official maintainer in RH for rdiff-
backup, although because I'm more active in the community I handle most
of the updates and issues.

However, I was going to add if I do disappear, there is nothing
stopping someone from grabbing the RPM spec file from one of the many
repos around and adding it back into the github repo.  The Fedora and
EPEL spec files are all in the public domain.

> But thanks for the input,
> Eric

Regards
Frank