Re: Man Page did not update when upgrading (resent)

From: EricZolf
Subject: Re: Man Page did not update when upgrading (resent)
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 15:23:38 +0200

Hi,

On 15/07/2023 13:36, Wayne Sallee wrote:
I use my lfs build: http://waynesallee.com/linux.html

I installed rdiff-backup from source. Then later upgraded from source.

This sounds highly customized, no clue what you've done (with the old _and_ with the new version) and why it might have gone wrong. There are more than one way to install from source.

On your computer terminal, if you type man rdiff-backup, and scroll down to the bottom, you will see the version number. But if you go to the webpage https://rdiff-backup.net/rdiff-backup.1.html , and scroll down to the bottom, there is no version number.

Ah, it's because the HTML page is generated by Jekyll which doesn't have any notion of rdiff-backup version. Not sure we can do something about it.

KR, Eric