Re: BackupFriend - new desktop application that uses rdiff-backup, all o

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: Re: BackupFriend - new desktop application that uses rdiff-backup, all open source
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 19:23:09 -0400

Hello,

Thanks Guy for reaching out. Your feedback and your contribution to
Rdiffweb are welcome. Take note that Minarca
<https://gitlab.com/ikus-soft/minarca> is providing an overlapping set of
the features you have implemented in BackupFriend. It handles SSH Keys
transparently, it registers them on the fly using RestAPI, it uses a
gateway user to manage the SSH authentication, for additional security it
uses chroot jail to isolate rdiff-backup execution.

The only major flaw as of today is the use of JAVA on the desktop
application :D

I'm already working on a desktop application in pure Python that will
integrate all the existing features of the Java version. The progress is
far advanced as I'm working on the packaging part of Windows, Mac OSX and
Linux.

So far it looks like this. MAC OS X
[image: image.png]

Windows 10