qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu the right way.

From: liebrecht
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu the right way.
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 21:46:52 -0500

Sound is rickety but at least I can see that it is possible as in my previous post which is already way better than virtualbox.

Turning to networking;
I can configure windows tcp/ip very well, but for some reason qemu fails at a network connection.
Windows report the qemu provided network card as Intel 1000.
However it fails when configured.
The dns and gateway is assigned correctly and known to route correctly from the other machines on the network.

So, I then try to explicitly add a switch to see if there is maybe a misreported mac or something and explicitly add the -nic network switch in the startup command

I work from this manual.
https://qemu.weilnetz.de/doc/qemu-doc.html

The string used is

qemu-system-x86_64 -nic user,ipv6=off,model=e1000,mac=52:54:98:76:54:32 -soundhw all -smp 4 -m 2048M -boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom -drive format=raw,file=hd.img

The network switch used above fails with
qemu-system-x86_64: -nic: invalid option

Cant figure out why as it is what is used in the manual as is!