pspp-users

Re: Pspp 1.2.0 - No frequencies

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Pspp 1.2.0 - No frequencies
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 12:29:43 +0200

Hi Michele,

I see what the problem is.

If you run the command

 SYSFILE INFO "VDS_survey_02.sav".

You will see that the dataset is weighted by the variable "offroadside".
This is clearly inappropriate.  Since offroadside contains at least one
SYSIS value, there can be no meaningfull frequency information.

You can fix this by running the command:

 WEIGHT OFF.

Perhaps you inadvertently set the weighting when you entered the data?
If not then it may indicate a bug somewhere.

A couple of things I notice which we need to improve in the next
release:

1.  Mosts commands give a warning when a weight value is
SYSIS, but the Frequencies command does not.

2.  When this dataset is loaded in the GUI and the menu,
Data|Weight Cases is opened, the dialog box should indicate the current
weight variable, but it seems not to do that for some reason.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

J'