pgubook-readers

Re: [Pgubook-readers] Question about chapter 4

From: Alexander Kapshuk
Subject: Re: [Pgubook-readers] Question about chapter 4
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 18:11:41 +0200

Assembly directives, '.section data' and '.section text' require that
dot be used with both .data and .text. The .section directive may be
omitted.
With the dot missing, the ELF header ends up being corrupted.
Please edit your source file as instructed above, and re-assemble,
re-link and re-run your program. You should no longer be seeing the
error message in question.