pgubook-readers

[Pgubook-readers] Question about chapter 4

From: Arnkæll
Subject: [Pgubook-readers] Question about chapter 4
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 10:18:42 -0400

hi i just have a quick question, ill attach my source incase i've mistyped
anyway i'm doing the book's exercises in a vm of ubuntu mate, i was having no issues until trying to run the first program in chapter 4, it compiles and links just fine but when i try to run it i get this error: 'Cannot execute binary file: Exec format error'
attached is my source, i believe that the problem may be that i am running in a VM but if so im not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated.
regards,
Johnathan