parallel

Bug - ID 9232 3786

From: Hermann
Subject: Bug - ID 9232 3786
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:47:20 +0200

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 with current patches and updates.

Today I noticed parallel stopped working.

When running in bash parallel without any parameters, the following error message appears:

----------

parallel: This should not happen. You have found a bug.
Please contact <parallel@gnu.org> and include:
* The version number: 20141022
* The bugid: pidtable format: 9232 3786

* The command line being run
* The files being read (put the files on a webserver if they are big)

If you get the error on smaller/fewer files, please include those instead.

The same happens when running parallel with parameters. The command which works seems to be

parallel --citation

Do you have any fix/workaround available?

Best,

Hermann