paperclips-discuss

[Paperclips-discuss] Paperclips JSP engine

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Paperclips-discuss] Paperclips JSP engine
Date: 23 Apr 2002 14:40:36 +0100

I have just added a new CVS module to the Paperclips project. The
module contains a slightly altered version of GNUJSP. This module
will become the GNU JSP Engine, a JSP engine specifically for
GNU Paperclips.

GNU Paperclips will be released over the summer. It is a Servlet API
2.3 complaint webserver. It does nearlly everything that the API
specs (though the API's security handling is a big hole). It is also
quite fast and is easy to use (it has an easy command line startup as
well as the more conventional xml file).

GNU JSP Engine is the JSP engine of GNU Paperclips. It is based on
GNUJSP and is a work in progress.

I don't have a whole bunch of time to hack on GNU JSP Engine, but I
do use it and I've cleaned up the old code quite a bit. As and when
time and pressure demands I will clean up some more and add new
features and remove bad ones.

I would welcome help and assistance from anyone who wants to hack a
servlet or JSP engine.

If you want to find out more about GNU-Paperclips you should check
out the code from CVS:

        http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/paperclips

or look at the last RC release I did:

        ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/paperclips/paperclips_rc1_1_23.tar.gz

The GNU JSP Engine is only available from CVS right now.

Nic Ferrier
GNU Paperclips administrator