paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Windows users: I need help

From: Gokul Singh
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] Windows users: I need help
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 11:17:14 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gokul Singh" <address@hidden>

> This is a problem which I face on my Linux machine also.
> The problem is that the content-type of a file can be returned null.

I think the content-type is being returned null because the file is not a
directory and we are relying upon the fileNameMap to get the appropriate
mime type.
I think the fileNameMap being returned by UrlConnection is not sufficient. I
think paperclips needs to have a properties file having the appropriate
listing of the extension to mime types ( leading to ease of
modification/addition by the user) which it uses to create the fileNameMap
to be used.

What do you say on this?

Regds,
Gokul