paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] API_23_ALPHA_2_1

From: Christopher K. St. John
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] API_23_ALPHA_2_1
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:25:15 -0500

Nic Ferrier wrote:

>    $ patch gnu/paperclips.boot.WebappInitializer.java
>
> I presume the patch is something you're working on.

 Nah, just the 'getCause()' thing so it will compile.

>  $ make
>    bin/gnugetopt.jar(gnu/getopt/Getopt.java):377:
>     class Getopt is public, should be declared in a
>     file named Getopt.java
>
> Hmm... that's odd. Why don't I get that?

 What compiler are you using? And are you working with
a clean checkout from CVS?

> Wierd. Is there some compile issue? Have you tired using the
> paperclips.jar that comes in CVS?

 I just recompiled with 1.3 instead of 1.4. I put a println
in WWW.java:

  System.out.println("["+Thread.currentThread().getName()+"]
WWW["+this.hashCode()+"].init()");

 The println doesn't get executed, and I'm getting the
same problem with nothing getting returned from http
requests.

 It looks like the paperclips.jar distributed with
the cvs download doesn't match the code. I walked
through webappd.java, and I don't see how any
default servlets can possibly be getting registered.

 Again, it's possible that I've messed something
up, either accidently changing some code or been
careless with the cvs commands, but I'm reasonably
sure that a freshly compiled version will not be
serving any files...

 I'll try with HEAD and see what happens.

--
Christopher St. John address@hidden
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com