[Paparazzi-devel] Modem communication problems

From: Roman Nikitin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Modem communication problems
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:50:12 +0100

Hello guys,

I have still the same problem as before. I cannot get my modems speaking to
each other. I thought that it was the problem in my ap board, but now I have a
new one and the modems still does not work.

My components are: TWOG, LEA-5H GPS, two IRSs, XBEE pro 802.15.4 modems.

The board is flashed with MJ5. One green and one red on the ap board are
blinking.

Modem configuration: First, I did default setting for both of the modems. The
baud is 9600 on both, the modem connected over USB is "coordinator" and the
modem connected to the ap board is "end device". Please, if somebody has the
same modem model as I have, let me know if the settings are right?

I tried also to change the modem settings to "coordinator" and to "end device"
for both modem at the same time. It did not work.

So as I have the same problem with a new TWOG as with old one, I can see that
the problem is somewhere in Software or wires. The wires were controlled twice
by me. I am pretty sure they are right. So it should be software.

Any ideas what I can do? I know it is difficult to explain everything via
e-mails and it takes a lot of time. It would be nice if you could find some
time to contact me over Skype or IRC channel. I am there tonight and during the
whole day tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Roman