pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0,145, not assembling binary downloads

From: Per Hedeland
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0,145, not assembling binary downloads
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 21:23:28 +0200

On 2019-04-28 20:11, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 16:01:40 +0200, Per Hedeland wrote:

Sorry if the question is dumb, but you haven't accidentally switched
the "Action" from "Save attachements" to "Save text" in the download
pop-up? It happened to me once... - and the setting is
semi-persistent, i.e. it keeps the choice until you save with a
different one.

--Per Hedeland

OMG I can't believe I didn't see that!  THANK YOU Per!!!

I did consider that it might be a config error and spent quite
some time going through both the GUI settings options and reading
the settings config files without noticing anything.  I guess it
must be saved somewhere and I missed it.

Looking through my $HOME/.pan2/preferences.xml, I see

<flag name='save-attachments' value='true'/>
<flag name='save-text' value='false'/>
and
<string name='save-article-mode' value='save-attachments'/>

I haven't investigated exactly how they relate to the setting in the
download popup, though.

I wonder if there's a key press that switches that mode?

I don't know, maybe Duncan would.:-) I can't see anything relevant in
my $HOME/.pan2/accels.txt, and it seems that as a general principle,
the "accelerators" are indicated in the menus, and I can't see any
such indication in the "Action" alternatives. But it's easy enough to
either accidentally, or because you actually wanted to save the text
of an article, change the "default" choice.

--Per