pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0,145, not assembling binary downloads

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0,145, not assembling binary downloads
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 12:17:37 -0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 23:27:52 +0000, Dave wrote:

> Pan 0.145 is no longer assembling binary parts
> into files.  If I try to download a binary
> attachment all I get are many .msg files.
>
> If the binary post has an .nzb file, right clicking
> the nzb post and choosing Save Articles From
> Selected NZB works fine, so I assume they are using
> two different methods of getting the data and then
> "doing stuff" with it.
>
> Pan has not changed, so it must be one of the
> the dependencies causing the problem. (or a
> dependency of a dependency)
>
> Does anyone know which dependency is used for this
> function?

Well, I've been busy since I posted this, but I've now tried a few
things to see if there is a solution.  So far, no luck.

Pan is still the same version.  FreeBSD is still the same version.

I tried building against gmime24, 26 and 30 (default is 26) and
still no solution.  I can't see any other build or runtime
dependencies which may be relevant.

I can still download those binaries which include an NZB file as
per the original post above, but any attempt to simple "Save" a
binary article results in just the many, many .msg files being
dumped into the destination directory.

I'd very much appreciate some pointers as to what to look for or
guidance on what potential helpers might need to know from me to
lead to a resolution.

I generally use FreeBSD with binary package updates but have one
or two unrelated apps built from ports, Pan being one of them to
increase the maximum connections per server as per the servers
rules rather than the default 4 in the source file.  This does of
course mean that Pan dependencies may be updated/upgraded when Pan
isn't, ie Pan is "locked" in terms of "pkg upgrade".  To stay in
sync I also keep the ports system up to date and rebuild Pan as
required, ie if dependencies are upgraded.

--
Climate Change may be raising the sea levels, but the gene pool
seems to be drying up.