pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Is the background color configurable?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Is the background color configurable?
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:49:08 -0700

Barton Bosch posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:15:29 -0800:

> It is possible to customize the screen color isn't it?

The PAN widgets, as GTK2 objects, are configured by your GTK2 settings.
Unfortunately there's not a an easy point and click method for changing
them individually, because the GTK/Gnome philosophy is that to many
settings confuse the user, but one can always use the Gnome-2.x theme
configuration, or run KDE, configure as you like, and check the box to
export its theme to Gnome..  The latter is what I did.. with a few
additional tweaks of the gtk2.0.rc (I think it was) file directly).

I prefer light (white) text on a dark (black) background, with far
stronger general widget colors than seem to be shipped in any of the
default theme choices in basically any desktop environment.  The weak
and washed-out pastels and grays remind me of being sick on a rainy gray
day.  I've read that it's a corporate thing -- biz customers prefer
bland and what I would call almost sick.  Thus, it was personally
important that I be able to change these to something at least
semi-satisfactory, or I wouldn't have continued to use the app. Thus, I
can certainly sympathize with your frustration.

Benjamin Franklin