nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Pb with nuauth

From: Vincent Deffontaines
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Pb with nuauth
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:32:13 +0200 (CEST)

Jean-Philippe Zimmer a écrit :
> Good Morning,
> I send the principal configuration files. I am working
> with the Centos distribution ( RedHat Entreprise).
> nuauth works well with plaintext but not with libsystem.
> Sincerely.
> JPZ

Ok, here are a few tips.
I would suggest you check these files :
/etc/nsswitch.conf you should have "ldap" at least on the "group" and
"passwd" lines. (probably this is OK since getent is OK for you).

/etc/pam.d/system-auth (or the master file that generates that one)
this file should probably contain LDAP-related informations too.

As you may have guesses, we are no CentOS/RedHat experts, and therefore it
is a bit hard to tell you where exactly to check.

Since getent works for you, probably the only missing link is about
pam/nuauth. On Debian, this link is performed from file /etc/pam.d/nuauth
(of which I am attaching an example). But is most probably different from
CentOS.

Hope this helps,

Vincent

PS : We are very interested that you provide feedback of installation on
CentOS, which can be included in the online howto ;)

--
On sait qu'une cité va devenir grande quand on y voit les anciens planter
des arbres, alors qu'ils savent qu'ils ne profiteront jamais de leur

Proverbe Grec