nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] Pb with nuauth

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] Pb with nuauth
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 19:03:52 +0200

Le jeudi 04 mai 2006 à 18:10 +0200, Jean-Philippe Zimmer a écrit :
> Good morning,
> I am trying to use NuFw with an AD authentification.
> testsaslauthd works well.
> but not nuauth :
> when i am trying nutcpc -H myip -U myuti
> after entering the password I have :
> Can not initiate connection to NuFW gateway
> Problem: bad credential
> In the /var/log/message I have a message that i don't understant :
> nuauth: unable to open Berkeley db e=
>                                                                 : No
> such file or directory.

In fact sasl try the fallback method sasldb and this fail because the
file does not exists.

> So what can I do ? (system authentification and sasl work well)

nauth do not use sasl method to get username and password. That's why it
fails.

You have to setup PAM to use AD authentication for nuauth. And the, use
the system module in nuauth to authenticate. Don't forget to setup nss
to get the group for a user.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <address@hidden>