nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] nutcpc does not recognise outgoing packets

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] nutcpc does not recognise outgoing packets
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:33:49 +0100

Le lundi 24 janvier 2005 à 14:28 +0100, Lockenvitz Jan EXT a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> i my nutcpc doesn't inform the nufw/nuauth-GW about outgoing packets
> -- please help!

normal process in default push mode is :
     1. nufw receive packet
     2. nufw send question to nuauth
     3. nuauth send question to client
     4. client send auth to nuauth
     5. nuauth send answer to nufw

So you need to check :
     1. If nufw correctly intercept packets (lauch it with
        -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv) when telnet runs
     2. If nufw sends a packet to nuauth after receiving packet (TLS
        message should appear)
     3. Can try a tcpdump to check this step
     4. try nutcpc in debug mode to check sending of packet and look at
        nuauth for "User packet:"
     5. look at "sending auth answer" message on nuauth

> How is the client recognising new connections, via libc or via
> ip_queue?

No it uses the libc. It read entry in /proc/, you may need to check if
this is possible on your system for user.

BR,
--
Éric Leblond, address@hidden
Téléphone : 01 44 89 46 40, Fax : 01 44 89 45 01