[Linphone-developers] linphonec on Raspberry PI 4

From: John Coemans
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphonec on Raspberry PI 4
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 08:44:27 +0000

Dears

I did install through the Raspberry PI OS GUI (Add/Remove software in the menu) the Linphone GUI & client. So I can use the linphone GUI and the command line linphonec on my raspberry PI 4 to receive or make calls. The basic seems to be working.

All this without recompiling any source, which is great.

I do face 2 major issues though :

  1. I don't find how to install the python wrapper ; in a previous post I saw a wheel being available, but the path is not existing anymore
  2. the video is lagging , despite the raspberry 4 being powerful enough. I guess I need to use a video codec with h/w acceleration. In the linphone GUI I only see VP8, when I try to activate the H264 (provided by Cisco) installation fails. How can I use h/w accelerated h264 for the video both on Linphone GUI and when using the command line linphonec ? I guess I need to add a section to the linphonerc file and install the codec ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

John