[Linphone-developers] Video call not working with onsip accounts with UD

From: Krunal Patil
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Video call not working with onsip accounts with UDP protocol
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:53:50 +0530

Hi All,
I am building a c++ tool to perform video calls using liblinphone. I am using onsip user accounts. From my tool if I register using TCP protocol and if I use UDP on other end(linphone app) of the line. I have observed that sometimes video call works whereas sometimes it does not. From the logs of both the ends, I can say that my c++ tool (Caller program) sends INVITE request, it gets 100 Trying response, but it does not get 180 Ringing or any other message from the proxy server. On the other end (linphone android app, the callee program) I could see that it gets an INVITE request from server, It sends Trying message, 180 Ringing message and when I accept the call it also send 200 OK message to the server.

Has anyone faced such a problem earlier with liblinphone? I am not able to rule out the exact reason behind this issue. When I use TCP protocol on both the ends everything works perfectly.

Thanks and Regards,
Krunal Patil

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Quantiphi Inc and/or its affiliates. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution, copying, storage or other use of all or any portion of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message in its entirety