Re: Re[2]: Slur with left and/or right arrow head

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Slur with left and/or right arrow head
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 13:03:42 +0200

Am Fr., 19. Apr. 2019 um 23:37 Uhr schrieb Trevor <address@hidden>:

> Aaron, Harm
>
> Could I please comment on just one feature? The overrides to add or inhibit
> arrow-heads at the left and right ends of the Slur are:
>
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-left = #LEFT
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-right = #RIGHT
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-left = ##f
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-right = ##f
>
> This slightly confused me, especially when I tried
>
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-right = #LEFT
>
> which draws a left-pointing arrow-head at the right end of the Slur.
> Something I don't think anyone would want.
>
> Why not have the simpler and less confusing
>
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-left = ##t
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-right = ##t
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-left = ##f
>   \override Slur.details.arrow-right = ##f
>
> ?
>
> Trevor

Hi Trevor,

yep, it's the same concern Lukas already raised.

Attached the next iteration of the code.
arrow-left/right will now operate on the boolean #f or any not-false value.
If the not-false value is a procedure, it will be evaluated.
This is needed to make alterBroken etc work (some commented examples
in \layout).
Regrettable this has some negative impact on the performance. Not sure
whether this can be improved.
If the not-false value is something else, it's taken as #t.

Cheers,
  Harm