Re: Open glissando

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Open glissando
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 22:47:14 +0200

Am Mi., 10. Apr. 2019 um 13:52 Uhr schrieb Sandro Santilli <address@hidden>:

> I'm trying to emulate the output in the attached image, but failing to
> do so. It is basically a glissando to an unspecified note (hidden?)
> during an otherwise rest period of time.
>
> What I tried:
>

>     \once \override Glissando #'style = #'zigzag
>     e4
>     \glissando
>     r4 r2
>
> But the glissando symbol does NOT come out.
> It would if I replaced the first r4 with an actual note,
> but I still do want the rest printed...
>
> --strk;

Part of the problem is Glissando needs NoteHeads at start/end to go
from one pitch to another.
Thus a glissando is not possible from a note-event (or rest) to a rest.

This is quite reasonable at first thought, though I think it should be
possible to draw a glissando bounded by _pitched_ rests.
Why not?

I already had a look at the C++-code, but it's way over my head.

Any taker to explore deeper?

Cheers,
  Harm